Special Events Home
Beginning Monday, July 21, Allegheny County invites residents to celebrate its parks by participating in its first-ever Instagram contest. For four weeks, Instagram users will have the chance to show why they think Allegheny County is a great place to live, work, play and learn for a chance to be published on the Allegheny County website, and be eligible for various other prizes, including passes to county parks, gift certificates, and more.
In order to take part in the contest, participants must follow Allegheny County (@AlleghenyCounty) on Instagram, tag the park in their photo, and hashtag #AlleghenyIsAwesome. One finalist will be selected at the end of each week based on the creativity of their photo. The contest will end on Sunday, August 17 at 10 p.m.
Winning photos will be displayed at the Allegheny County Music Festival on Sunday, August 31 where they will be voted on to determine the winner of the #AlleghenyIsAwesome Instagram contest.
Please note: All participants will automatically be eligible to have their photos used by Allegheny County on promotional materials, including social media pages, flyers and more. Finalists will be selected by Allegheny County staff. Voting for contest winner will be open to the public on August 31 after the submission period ends, and winners will be announced in early September on our website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
- We reserve the right to disqualify a photo for any reason, including photos that:
- Promote or show illegal or dangerous activity
- Promote or show activity that violates park rules
- Are in any way offensive as determined by Allegheny County
- Entries must be the photographer’s original work. No copyrighted material.
- Entries must depict parks managed by Allegheny County. These include only Boyce, Deer Lakes, Harrison Hills, Hartwood Acres, North, Round Hill, Settlers Cabin, South, and White Oak Parks.
- Allegheny County reserves the right to use your photo on our social media pages, website, or marketing materials.
By uploading my photo to Instagram with the hashtag #AlleghenyIsAwesome, I hereby give permission to Allegheny County to use, publish, exhibit, and reproduce my photo on any material published by Allegheny County in their marketing and educational programs. Any photograph may be used in material without my prior examination of the finished product. If you hashtag a photo with #AlleghenyIsAwesome that you would not like to be used by Allegheny County, please email us at .