Mansfield Bridge Project
The County’s Mansfield Bridge Rehabilitation Project is a $31 million, three-year construction project. The 1400’ thru-truss bridge project will be consist of painting, deck replacement and new hand railing the length of the structure. Concrete repair and paving will be done on the ramps that lead traffic down to McKeesport and Glassport. West Fifth Avenue will be paved from McKeesport to Glassport. Work will also be done on the ramps that connect the bridge to Maple Avenue in Dravosburg.
- The project was bid on September 29, 2011 through the PENNDOT ECMS system, Joseph B. Fay Co. was the low bidder at $30,965,186.27.
- The County executed the contract and issued Fay the Notice To Proceed on January 10, 2012.
- Overall completion of the project will occur December 15, 2014.
- The four lane bridge will be restricted to two lanes throughout construction and temporary traffic signals will be installed to control traffic coming onto and off the bridge.
- Phase 3 traffic restrictions will go into effect June 10, 2013 and remain in place for the duration of the project.
Phase 3 Traffic Conditions (Size: 2.6MB)
06-05-13 - Mansfield Bridge Traffic to be Switched to Newly Reconstructed Lanes & Ramps
03-22-12 - Current Traffic Patterns on Mansfield Bridge to Continue through March 28
03-14-12 - New Traffic Patterns to Go into Effect on Mansfield Bridge on March 19