Elective In-Service Training
Police Department Authorization to Use the MPOETC Website
Steps to be done by any user who wants to be authorized to perform officer updates and inquiries using the MPO TRS Internet Website for the requesting police department.
- Request Approval from MPOETC.
- Print and fill out the Police Authority Registration form found below.
- Sign the Police Authority Registration form and have an authorizing party sign the form.
- Send the completed Police Authority Regsitration form to MPOETC using the address at the bottom of the form.
- When your MPOTRS account is set-up, you will receive approval notification containing your user id and password. This notification will automatically be sent to the email account provided on the form.
- Within 24 hours you should be able to access the MPOTRS website. Start using the MPOTRS website to perform officer updates and inquiries.
- Select the Login button on the MPOTRS site.
- Login using user id and password from the approval notification.
- Select Online Services link.
- Select the Police Departments link.
- Select any available option.
NOTE: The police departments that you are authorized for may be found in the Police Department drop down box on certain screens. If more than one police department is displayed, be careful to properly select the correct police department each time that you are performing the update.
- In order to be granted access to perform inquiry transactions for a police officer that is not currently employed by your department, please contact MPOETC. Please Note: If the MPOTRS site cannot be accessed after waiting 24 hours, contact Beverly Young at MPOETC.
Police Authority Registration Form