The mission of the Allegheny County Police Training Academy is to provide the most up to date and diversified, quality instruction for recruit and veteran police officers.
- Comply with all requirements and mandates of the Municipal Police Officer's Education and Training Commission.
- Review and evaluate suggestions made by the Academy Advisory Board and other law enforcement sources.
- Maintain and seek out the highest quality instructors, in their respective fields, to conduct our training endeavors.
- Insure our facility provides a safe and conducive environment for learning.
- Network a more positive image to promote increased enrollment in basic recruit and advanced training.
- Expand and enhance our firing range facilities, to include more challenging and practical live fire scenarios.
- Reduce operating costs through better accountablity and management.
- To more efficiently utilize existing facilities to accommodate classroom instruction.
- Obtain a high standard of effciency through economy of management and utilization of other financial resources.