Aquatics Swim Test Dates:
Saturday, May 3, 2014
North Allegheny Senior High School
10375 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090
Call (412) 350-2478
for information about testing.
More about Aquatics Test
Lifeguards are hired to work at the County's three wave pools located in Boyce, South and Settlers Cabin Park, as well as North Park swimming facility.
- Prior to Memorial Day weekend, must possess current Lifeguard Training certifications in First Aid and CPR for Adult, Child, and Infant.
- Must work the entire swimming season (Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend), which includes flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must complete the Lifeguard Employment Forms which is comprised of three parts:
- Doctor's Certification Form
- Lifeguard Work History Form
- County Summer Employment Application (both pages)
- Must pass the "timed" Aquatics Test.
Returning veterans in good standing and applicants 18 years or older will be given first preference.
- Junior Lifeguard - $8.25
Junior Lifeguards are certified in CPR and First Aid, but have not passed the Allegheny County Parks Department Aquatics Test. The candidate must pass the test prior to July 1 of the calendar year to retain the position and advance to First Year Lifeguard status.
- First Year Lifeguard - $9.25
First Year Lifeguards are certified in CPR and First Aid and have passed the Aquatics Test.
- Senior Lifeguard - $9.50
Senior Lifeguards are certified in CPR and First Aid, have passed the Aquatics Test, and have been employed with the County for two or more seasons.
- Asst. Head Lifeguard - $9.75
Asst. Head Lifeguards are certified in CPR and First Aid, have passed the Aquatics Test, have been employed with the County for two or more seasons, assist in duties as Head Lifeguard, and will act as Head Lifeguard when the Head Lifeguard is not on the premises.
- Head Lifeguard - $10.00
Head Lifeguards are certified in CPR and First Aid, have passed the Aquatics Test, have been employed with the County for two or more seasons, and are responsible for all Lifeguards which includes shifts, training, and other duties.
Contact the Park's Recreation Office at (412) 350-2478.