PITTSBURGH – The Allegheny County Board of Health will meet on Wednesday, January 8, at 12:30 p.m., at Clack Health Center, Building 7, 301 Thirty-Ninth Street, Lawrenceville.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following items:
- Election of Officers for 2014.
- Update on restaurant inspection grading system.
- Status of Health Department’s relocation and currently posted available positions.
- Passage of fracking notification regulation.
- Discussion of Edible Gardens proposal by Grow Pittsburgh.
- Request for $15,000 from the Clean Air Fund and Environmental Health Fund to support the Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair.
- Additional Clean Air Fund requests of $750,000 for a Neville Island diesel retrofit project, $24,000 for a lawnmower exchange program sponsored by the Southwest Pennsylvania Air Quality Partnership and $9,000 to support the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region III air director’s meeting.
- Public health agency accreditation.
- Obesity campaign.
- 40th anniversary of the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) supplemental food and nutrition program.
# # #