PITTSBURGH – County Executive Rich Fitzgerald submitted one bill to County Council for consideration at its upcoming meeting:
- Resolution amending the Grants and Special Account Budget to (1) authorize a grant of $5,000 from the Administrative Office of PA Courts to the Court of Common Pleas to host a Permanency Practice Initiative educational forum; (2) authorize a grant of $111,859 from the Pittsburgh Foundation to the Department of Human Services to create and manage the Southwestern PA Community Profiles; (3) authorize a grant of $96,500 from the PA Department of Community and Economic Development to the Parks Department for the restoration of McKinney Barn in North Park; (4) authorize a grant of $140,000 from the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board to Human Services for support of summer employment for youth between the ages of 14-18; (5) authorize a grant of $22,000 from the Heinz Endowments to Human Services to give individuals an opportunity to participate in an internship with the Department; (6) transferring an account of $20,320 from Administrative Services to the Court of Common Pleas for expenses related to preserving the historical courtroom (323 Courthouse); and, (7) establishing an account of $3,500 for Shuman Center provided by contributions offered and solicited on behalf of residents for the purchase of materials not available through the operating budget.
Additionally, the Executive submitted four appointments for consideration:
- Thomas Donatelli, Port Authority of Allegheny County (appointment pursuant to Act 72 of 2013)
- Stanley Gorski, Authority for Improvements in Municipalities (reappointment)
- Dennis Simon, Authority for Improvements in Municipalities (reappointment)
- John Tague, Port Authority of Allegheny County (appointment pursuant to Act 72 of 2013)
# # #