PITTSBURGH – The Allegheny County Board of Health will meet on Wednesday, May 1, at 12:30 p.m., at Clack Health Center, Building 7, 301 Thirty-Ninth Street, Lawrenceville.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following items:
- Address by Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald.
- Report on search for a permanent director.
- Update on restaurant inspection grading.
- Revised plan for attainment of air quality standards (PM 2.5) in the Liberty/Clairton area.
- Revised regulations related to review of operating permits and soaking emissions from coke ovens.
- Public Health Ready Award presented to Allegheny County Health Department by National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) for its outstanding public health preparedness efforts.
- Request for $300,000 from the Clean Air Fund to update a study on the health effects of air pollution and determine if health effects have been measurably changed by steady improvement in PM 2.5 levels.
- Request for $300,000 from the Clean Air Fund for a rebate program to reduce energy waste and air pollution through residential energy efficiency upgrades.
- Request for $75,000 from the Clean Air Fund for a “bounty” program encouraging residents to remove inefficient and uncertified woodstoves and outdoor wood-fired boilers from service.
- Public comments on agenda and non-agenda items.
# # #