PITTSBURGH – The Allegheny County Board of Health will meet on Wednesday, January 9, at 12:30 p.m., at Clack Health Center, Building 7, 301 Thirty-Ninth Street, Lawrenceville.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following items:
- Election of officers for 2013.
- Strategic planning update.
- Presentation by Health Department Child Death Review Team.
- Environmental Health Fund expenditure requests -- $16,000 for two Household Hazardous Waste Collection events and $12,000 for three Hard-to-Recycle Collection events.
- Requests for $2,500 each from the Environmental Health Fund and the Clean Air Fund to support Carnegie Science Center SciTech Days and the Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair.
- Request for $67,000 from the Clean Air Fund for the purchase and installation of energy-efficient windows at the Health Department’s Air Quality Program office building.
- Request for $12,000 from the Clean Air Fund to support the Southwest Pennsylvania Air Quality Partnership’s Lawnmower Exchange Program.
- Permission to request public comments on a coke oven soaking regulation, the EPA review period for installation permits, and an air quality plan for fine particulate matter (PM 2.5).
- Re-appointments to the Three Rivers Wet Weather Program’s Board of Directors.
- Settlement with Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future.
- Public comments on agenda and non-agenda items.