PITTSBURGH – The Allegheny County Board of Health will meet on Wednesday, November 7, at 12:30 p.m., at Clack Health Center, Building 7, 301 Thirty-Ninth Street, Lawrenceville.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following items:
- Action on revised air toxics permitting guidelines.
- Updates on strategic planning, syringe exchange and restaurant grading.
- Report on Grow Pittsburgh’s urban farming initiative.
- Request for $2,500 each from the Clean Air Fund and Environmental Health Fund to support Sci-Tech Days and the Pittsburgh Regional Science & Engineering Fair at Carnegie Science Center.
- Request for $150,000 from the Clean Air Fund for replacement of the cooling tower at the Health Department’s Air Quality Program office building.
- Request for $3,000 from the Clean Air Fund to support the 2013 and 2014 Pittsburgh Regional Future City Competition for middle school students as part of National Engineers Week.
- Permission to request public comments on changes to air quality regulations.
- Updates on County Council legislation.
- Public comments on agenda and non-agenda items.