90% or More of Children Are Up to Date With Recommended Vaccinations
PITTSBURGH – The Allegheny County Health Department is pleased to announce that 12 local vaccine providers in the Pennsylvania Vaccine for Children (VFC) Program have been recognized as VFC Champions for having outstanding pediatric immunization rates.
“We commend all of these vaccine providers for their success in promoting immunizations and encouraging parents to keep their children up to date with recommended vaccination schedules,” said Acting Health Director Dr. Ron Voorhees.
The following providers achieved immunization rates of 90% or greater among their patients:
- Children’s Community Pediatrics GIL, 6343 Penn Avenue, Highland Park, 100%.
- Children’s Community Pediatrics Health Quest Harmarville, 2585 Freeport Road, 100%.
- Children’s Community Pediatrics South Hills Pediatric Associates, 1925 Route 51 South, 100%.
- East Suburban Pediatrics Monroeville, 2566 Haymaker Road, 100%.
- East Suburban Pediatrics White Oak, 1909 Lincoln Way, 100%.
- Kids Plus Pediatrics South Hills, 850 Clairton Boulevard, 100%.
- L.J. Silberman, MD, & Associates, 1220 Lincoln Way, White Oak, 100%.
- Renaissance Family Practice O’Hara Township, 103 Gamma Drive, 100%.
- Aure Medical Associates, 4304 Walnut Street, McKeesport, 97%.
- Children’s Community Pediatrics Health Quest Gibsonia, 5321 William Flynn Highway, 97%.
- Children’s Community Pediatrics Bass Wolfson Pediatrics, 5608 Wilkins Avenue, Squirrel Hill, 97%.
- Renaissance Family Practice Millvale, 111 Sheridan Street, 94%.
Immunization records as well as vaccine storage and handling practices of providers in the Vaccine for Children Program are audited annually by Veronica Lewis, Quality Assurance Nurse in Allegheny County for the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
The awards, based on audits from August 26, 2011 to August 17, 2012, will be presented October 4 at the Allegheny County Immunization Coalition’s seventh annual conference for nurses, doctors, medical office staff and other health professionals.
# # #