The Allegheny County Board of Health will meet on Wednesday, May 2, at 12:30 p.m., at Clack Health Center, Building 7, 301 Thirty-Ninth Street, Lawrenceville.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following items:
- Transition Team updates on Health Dept. restructuring and strategic planning.
- Proposed regulation to control air pollution from outdoor wood-fired boilers used to heat homes and buildings. The regulation adopts existing state rules but with increased setback and stack height requirements, use restrictions on Air Quality Action Days, and a distributor reporting requirement when units are purchased.
- Proposed regulation setting ozone control technique guidelines for various industrial sources of volatile organic compounds.
- Request for $2,000 from the Clean Air Fund to cover the costs of safe gasoline disposal as part of a consumer gasoline-container replacement program to reduce volatile organic compound emissions that contribute to ground-level ozone air pollution.
- Air Quality Program policy and procedure for the handling of confidential business information.
- Public comments on agenda and non-agenda items.
# # #
Visit our web site at: www.achd.net