|Contact:||Amie M. Downs, County|
PITTSBURGH – County Executive Rich Fitzgerald today took several actions, including naming a Chief of Emergency Services, as well as submitting several items of legislation and making nominations for appointments to several boards and authorities for consideration by County Council.
Acting Chief Alvin Henderson is now Chief of the Department of Emergency Services. An employee of the Department since February 2003, Chief Henderson has been serving as Acting Chief since March 2011. He also serves as the Fire Marshal and EMA Coordinator. This marks the 30th year that Chief Henderson has been a volunteer firefighter. He is a Life Member of the Jefferson 885 Area Volunteer Fire Company in Jefferson Hills.
The Executive also submitted eight pieces of legislation to Council yesterday for introduction at this coming week’s meeting, including bills authorizing a parcel sale and a grants and special accounts budget amendment, as well as health, weights and measures, and right of way ordinances.
A total of 17 nominations are being submitted to Council for consideration. The appointments are for several boards and authorities, as follows:
- Deborah D. Booker – Housing Authority
- Joseph G. Brimmeier – Port Authority
- Dr. Donald Burke – Board of Health
- Joan Cleary – Board of Health
- Hon. Jay Costa – CCAC
- Mary Ann Eisenreich – CCAC
- Daniel J. Griffin – RAD Board
- Dr. Kotayya Kondaveeti – Board of Health
- Jennifer M. Liptak – Retirement Board
- Charles M. Powell – CCAC
- Hon. Jan Rea – Airport Authority
- Hon. Harry Readshaw – ALCOSAN
- Dr. Edith Shapira – Board of Health
- Ashley Henry Shook – Airport Authority
- Sala Udin – Sports & Exhibition Authority
- Hon. John Weinstein – ALCOSAN
- Dr. William B. Youngblood – Board of Health
# # #