M/W/DBE Program Objectives
The objectives of Allegheny County's M/W/DBE Program are:
- To increase the level of services provided to M/W/DBE firms
- To increase the number of certified firms in markets where Allegheny County has business opportunities
- To increase the availability of meaningful business opportunities afforded to M/W/DBE firms in Allegheny County.
- To demonstrate commitment to the M/W/DBE Program
- To ensure effective communication dissemination
- To establish meaningful partnerships to assist in advancing overall program goals and objectives
- To create an awareness regarding the availability of viable M/W/DBE businesses
- To employ a cutting edge approach to M/W/DBE Program implementation and management that is utilized throughout the region
- To give special recognition and awards to individuals, offices and Prime Contractors who make exceptional contributions to the success of the M/W/DBE Program.