Quality Assurance Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Director the Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of the Laboratory’s Quality System.
Training and Experience
- Master of Science degree /or Bachelor of Science Degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical or biological science.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 trained
- ASCLD/Lab Legacy Auditor or ASCLD/Lab International Assessor trained
- Coordinating the development and revision of the quality system.
- Assisting sections, as needed, in the development of specific quality system policies and procedures that are outlined in their section’s Quality Manual.
- Conducting periodic quality audits to provide management with the necessary verification that established quality policies and objectives are being met.
- Coordinating FLD programs and procedures with requirements for the laboratory accreditation.
- Advising management regarding the development, implementation, and maintenance of the quality system.
- Providing as necessary, reports to the Laboratory Director, on the progress of quality assurance system activities.
- Monitoring laboratory practices to verify continuing compliance with policies and procedures.
- Advising management on issues relating to Laboratory quality and good Laboratory practice.
- Manage the Proficiency program for the laboratory; which includes administering proficiency testing and evaluate the results, and maintaining all appropriate documentation and records.
The above statements reflect a general description of this position and are not intended to be an all inclusive list of tasks or responsibilities which an employee may be assigned.