Under the supervision of the Medical Examiner Administrative Assistant, the Medical Secretary will provide secretarial services to the physicians and administrative staff.
This position is responsible for preparing autopsy protocols, purchase orders, vouchers, work orders, letters, logs, requests and other documents, releasing microscopic slides and photographs, billing, filing, dictation, overseeing and distributing office supplies, answering telephones, sorting and distribution of mail and photocopying.
Training and Experience
A minimum of two (2) years college or its equivalent, the ability to type a minimum of seventy (70) words per minute, computer literacy with familiarity of Microsoft Office, a thorough understanding of medical terminology, transcription and procedures and a basic understanding of accounting principles and business format is required for this position. One (1) year previous experience in a related field is also required.
- Preparing autopsy protocols.
- Maintaining logs and records.
- Preparing purchase orders, vouchers, billing and requests.
- Releasing photographs and microscopic sides.
- Accounts receivable/payable.
- Secretarial duties for physicians and administrative staff.
- Answering telephones and recording messages.
- Filing and retrieving records.
- Docket transcripts.
- Back-up counter service.
- Maintaining office supplies/distribution of supplies.
- Relieve receptionist when necessary.
The above statements reflect a general description of this position and are not intended to be an all inclusive list of tasks or responsibilities which an employee may be assigned.
In house testing of the candidates abilities may be required prior to any employment offer.