Job Announcement Description
||Administrative Services / Purchasing Division
||$2,720.00 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A High School Diploma or its equivalent AND two (2) years of clerical work experience. An Associate’s Degree and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Purchasing Officer, this position is responsible for preparing solicitations, issuing articles of agreement and contract modifications, coordinating contracts and performing other Purchasing related duties which facilitate the efficient operation of the Purchasing Division and the County procurement process.
- Facilitates the issuance of Articles of Agreement, Performance Bonds and Contract Award Letters; tracks related documents to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Prepares and processes Executive Actions prior to contract award.
- Participates in daily and monthly activities related to the Purchasing Card Program.
- Works with the County Webmaster to maintain the Department website.
- Collaborates with the Controller’s Office to have new contract numbers assigned and added to the JDE system in a timely manner.
- Maintains records of personnel files and benefit time and prepares and processes miscellaneous vouchers.
- Works closely with Division management on day-to-day requirements by composing letters, maintaining files, and answering phones.
- Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP), Invitation for Bid (IFB) and Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents.
- Prepares accurate and detailed bid tabulations.
- Prepares and places newspaper advertisements for RFPs and RFQs.
- Uploads bid documents to electronic bid postings system.
- Responds to incoming phone calls and routes as required.
- Participates in formal bid opening process.
- Posts open solicitations on County website.
- Maintains Department files.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Use Microsoft Office with proficiency
- Work well with co-workers, supervisors, suppliers, and internal County customers
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D