Job Announcement Description
||Allegheny County Police Department
||$2,298.40 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m. A resume is required with the application. All applications must be returned in person or by mail. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent AND One (1) year of clerical experience, preferably in law enforcement or a related area. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Files and maintains official police reports and records.
- Files and maintains official personnel records of current and retired employees.
- Maintains records pertinent to local, state, and national criminal activity.
- Receives, recovers and disseminates requests for confidential information.
- Receives, oversees, and certifies purging of information on Orders of Court.
- Receives and disseminates information, when required, to outside agencies and the general public.
- Maintains expense reimbursement vouchers and fuel receipts for the fiscal department.
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Record-keeping and record storage in a secured, computerized environment
- Maintain confidentiality of classified information
- Communicate well both orally and in writing
- Interact well with supervisors, co-workers, and outside agencies, and the public
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook proficiently
- Pass a comprehensive personal background investigation, to include fingerprinting and polygraph
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D