Job Announcement Description
||Manager of Operations
||Medical Examiner's Office / Division of Laboratories
||$5,525.00 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, a natural, physical or forensic science AND three (3) years of experience in operations management; to include one (1) year in a supervisory capacity. An equivalent amount of education or experience may be substituted.
Applicants who meet the above requirements and who have a related Master’s Degree, American Board of Medico legal Death Investigators Certification, and training/experience in death investigations are preferred.
College transcript(s) required at time of application.
Applicants will be required to undergo drug screening and security clearance.
Applicants must have and maintain a valid PA driver's license.
Under the direction of the Medical Examiner and Laboratory Director, the Manager of Operations is responsible for the morgue operations of the Medical Examiner’s Office. The Manager of Operations provides technical and scientific oversight for each of the assigned disciplines. The incumbent establishes the policies, procedures and the quality standards of the sections and evaluates the competency of the assigned personnel.
- Plans, organizes, establishes priorities and directs the daily operations of the Morgue functions (Histology/Autopsy and Investigations).
- Conducts technical and administrative reviews of documentation and reports to ensure conformance to approved standards and the adequacy of the results for forensic purposes.
- Oversees and validates procedures performed in the section and establishes the performance characteristics.
- Establishes and maintains a quality control program, determines parameters for acceptable levels of performance and ensures that these levels are maintained.
- Establishes and/or revises section specific job descriptions, as needed.
- Identifies the training and equipment needs to ensure efficient morgue operations.
- Evaluates the competency of morgue personnel and assures that staff maintains competencies to perform professionally, promptly, accurately and proficiently.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles of organization and personnel management
- Principles of leadership and management
- The functions performed and services provided by the Medical Examiner’s Office
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Appropriate management skills for the position
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain 24 hour a day on-call status
- Learn the laws, ordinances and regulations that govern the operation of the Medical Examiner’s Office
- Identify and resolve problems and in a timely manner
- Remain courteous and tactful while working under stressful conditions
- Develop positive, working relationships with other County Departments, outside agencies, the public, etc.
- Prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D