Job Announcement Description
||Assistant County Solicitor
||$3,350.00 - $5,000.00 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A law degree from an accredited law school, license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Applicants who meet the above requirements and who have knowledge or experience in employment law are preferred.
- Provides legal advice, services, and representation for assigned Allegheny County Departments and Agencies
- Interprets statutes and laws applicable to County Departments and Agencies
- Drafts legal instruments such as petitions, opinion letters and briefs
- Attends hearings before various agencies such as the EEOC, and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Attends and actively participates in trials in Federal and State courts
- Performs related work as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Employment law and civil rights litigation
- Allegheny County Local Rules of Court
- General trial tactics and procedures
- Judicial and administrative procedures and Rules of Evidence
- Work with clients to prepare and negotiate agreements
- Work with litigants and counsel to resolve disputes
- Work with a diverse and challenging client population
- Prepare legal documents including various motions, releases, and briefs
- Prepare County ordinances
- Prepare and argue appeals before the Pennsylvania and federal appellate courts
- Review and analyze proposed statutes, rules, and regulations
- Develop productive working relationships with attorneys, other County employees, and the general public
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veterans' Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D