Job Announcement Description
||Assistant County Solicitor
||$3,350.00 - $3,500.00 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A law degree from an accredited law school and an active license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Provides legal advice, services, and representation to Allegheny County Departments and Agencies
- Interprets statutes and laws applicable to County Departments and Agencies
- Drafts legal instruments such as petitions, opinion letters and briefs
- Attends hearings before various agencies such as the EEOC, and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Attends and actively participates in trials in Federal and State courts
- Performs related work as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Employment law and civil rights litigation
- Allegheny County Local Rules of Court
- General trial tactics and procedures
- Judicial and administrative procedures and Rules of Evidence
- Work with clients to prepare and negotiate agreements
- Work with litigants and counsel to resolve disputes
- Work with a diverse and challenging client population
- Prepare legal documents including various motions, releases, and briefs
- Prepare County ordinances
- Prepare and argue appeals before the Pennsylvania and federal appellate courts
- Review and analyze proposed statutes, rules, and regulations
- Develop productive working relationships with attorneys, other County employees, and the general public
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veterans' Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D