Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$2,490.39 - $3,119.66 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent AND one year experience in a medical or long-term care setting which involved recording or filing patient information OR one year of medical records experience OR one year experience providing resident care as a Nursing Assistant (Certified). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Applicants meeting the one year experience as a Nursing Assistant requirement must submit a copy of a Nursing Assistant Certificate with the application. Must have current CPR/BLS certification prior to appointment.
- Records medical and administrative information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains a roster of residents and completes the Daily Census Report.
- Records and/or transcribes appropriate resident identification data on designated medical records, wristbands, ID Cards, requisitions and physician orders to care plans.
- Reports discrepancies found in transcribing physicians' orders, diet orders/changes and charting.
- Reviews medication records (MAR) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Arranges appointments for residents receiving diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Posts documentation on resident medical records, including progress notes, rehabilitation results, routine orders. Maintains compliance logs for physician visits and documentation.
- Initiates monthly work sheets, ADL, flow charts, and TPR checklists.
- Participates and completes resident accountability sheets during emergency situations and/or fire drills.
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Policy and procedures associated with medical record documentation.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with medical staff, nursing personnel, residents, families, visitors, etc.
- Read and interpret medical records and reports and to provide or extract information.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D