Job Announcement Description
||$2,343.57 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent AND three (3) years of general office experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of meetings and events for supervisors and associated staff which may be scheduled quarterly or on an annual basis.
- Types forms, correspondence, memoranda, letters, work orders, meeting minutes, and/or various reports for assigned supervisor.
- Maintains various types of lists, such as residents, family contact members and addresses, time sheets, overtime, and/or work orders.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers to appropriate office or individual.
- Collects and compiles information for supervisor
- Organizes and maintains physical and computerized files of information, such as contracts, and current licenses and certifications of staff.
- Contacts vendors to obtain price quotes on materials or equipment needed by the work unit.
- Files materials such as correspondence, work orders, material ordered, preventive maintenance files, schedules of equipment tests, and incident reports.
- Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate area or person.
- Tracks employee evaluations and required follow-up on reports.
- Tracks rental equipment and reconciles monthly invoices.
- Performs related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office
- General office procedures
- Regulations that govern long term care facilities, including HIPAA
- Communicate well orally and in writing
- Operate a typewriter, computer, photocopier, and fax machine
- Work in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Read, write, and understand written and oral instructions
- Relate to, and work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within a long term care facility
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, residents, family members, and the general public
- Communicate effectively with various government agencies, the general public, personnel, residents, family members and visitors.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veterans' Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D