Job Announcement Description
||Registered Nurse (Full-Time and Part-Time)
||Kane Regional Centers
||$22.08 per hour entry level
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing OR An Associate Degree in Nursing, OR Graduation from a Diploma Nursing Program. Applicants must possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania or must possess a current temporary practice permit authorized by the State of Pennsylvania.
Must have current CPR/BLS certification prior to appointment.
- Insures daily staff assignments of the NA and LPN are made and delivered in accordance with the resident's care plan.
- Accurately carries out physicians' orders per facility nursing policies and procedures; transcribes and administers medications, treatments and therapies.
- Collaborates with physicians while making rounds to validate the accurate interpretation and processing of diagnostic and therapeutic orders.
- Assesses, plans, monitors, and evaluates the delivery of resident care and activity by utilizing the shift report, the medical record, direct observation, and feedback from others in providing resident care.
- Assesses at risk residents, determining any changes required in the treatment regime.
- Serves on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team and assists in developing comprehensive assessments and care plans. Reviews resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
- Completes resident assessments for input into the MDS.
- Documents accurately and timely all information required in accordance with state, facility, and nursing policies and guidelines. Assures nursing procedures are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Starts, monitors, and maintains IV's.
- Responds to emergencies according to the scope of their practice.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Established policies and procedures regarding infection control
- Nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long-term care.
- Preparing and administering medications
- Performing Treatments
- IV Therapy
- Function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, subordinates, supervisors, etc.
- Assess, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for providing quality care.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, medical staff, residents, family members, visitors, and the public.
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility.
- Perform physical tasks associated with resident care, including lifting residents into/out of beds and pushing gurneys and wheelchairs.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D