Job Announcement Description
||R.N. Resident Care Coordinator
||Kane Regional Centers
||$4,316.56 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A Bachelors Degree in Nursing And two (2) years of experience in a long-term care or health care facility OR an Associates Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma And three (3) years experience in a long-term care or health care facility. Experience with MDS (Minimum Data Set) is preferred.
MUST SHOW PROOF OF A CURRENT LICENSE TO PRACTICE AS A REGISTERED NURSE IN PENNSYLVANIA AND HAVE CURRENT CPR/BLS CERTIFICATION PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
- Directs the daily functions of the Nursing Assistants, LPNs, and RNs.
- Plans, supervises, and evaluates the delivery of resident care and activities.
- Provides nursing care. Ensures nursing procedures are followed accurately and timely.
- Conducts the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Conference. Reviews resident care plans.
- Ensures medical supplies and equipment are maintained on each unit.
- Monitors medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure they are properly administered.
- Performs quality improvement audits and serves on the QI Regional Committee and Subcommittee.
- Assists in the implementation of quality assurance measures.
- Completes employee performance appraisals. Implements disciplinary actions as recommended.
- Reviews and investigates complaints and incident reports. Recommends corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities:
- Nursing and medical practices and the laws and regulations that govern long-term care.
- Principles and practices of leadership and supervision of employees.
- Policies and procedures regarding infection control.
- Prepare and administer medications and treatments.
- Supervise the quality of care and treatment provided to residents.
- Plan, implement, and interpret the resident treatment plan.
- Communicate effectively with residents and colleagues.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility and to perform physical tasks such as lifting residents into and out of beds and pushing wheelchairs, etc.
Veterans Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D