Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$4,750.00 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting AND three (3) years of accounting and third party billing experience in a hospital, long term care or other health related facility; to include (1) year of staff management experience and billing cycle management experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent directs and coordinates the operation of the four Kane Regional Center Business Offices, Central Accounts Receivable, and Billing Departments. Work is performed in accordance with Federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern long-term care facilities.
- Supervises, assigns, schedules, evaluates, and directs Business Office, Accounts Receivable, and Billing Department staff
- Assesses staff performance and prepares performance and competency evaluations within required time frames
- Reviews, analyzes, and compares fiscal information on the SOS and JD Edwards accounting systems
- Journalizes entries prepared by staff
- Confers with regulatory agencies at the local, state, and Federal levels regarding regulations pertaining to revenue collection and disbursement
- Oversees the depositing of monies between the operations of the Business Office, Accounts Receivable, and Billing Departments with other County departments and other funding sources
- Reviews and reconciles billings, general ledgers, cash receipts, admissions, discharges, control files, and journal entries monthly
- Prepares accounts receivable accruals for the Controllers’ Office quarterly
- Assists auditors from other government agencies such as the Auditor General, County Controller, Medicaid, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of cost reports
- Performs related tasks and other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to finance and accounting
- Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Read and interpret financial records and reports
- Plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals and objectives, and policy and procedures of the facility
- Relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within a long-term care facility
- Communicate effectively with vendors, employees, applicants, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and general public
- Read, write, and understand written and oral instructions.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D