Job Announcement Description
||Recreation Therapist Supervisor
||Kane Regional Centers
||$3,871.61 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Social Science, Music Therapy, or Education AND two (2) years of experience as a recreation therapist in a health care setting.
- Supervises the recreation therapy staff, volunteers, contract employees, and student interns.
- Performs quality improvement activities such as program review, chart audits, care plan and MDS audits.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates therapeutic recreation programs.
- Develops monthly activity calendar for scheduled events.
- Participates in resident care conferences.
- Attends community meetings, to promote and develop resources such as Community College, high schools, colleges, veterans groups, and senior citizen groups.
- Prepares vehicle, food service, housekeeping, and foundation requisitions, for recreational activities.
- Monitors and prepares departmental budget and prepares forms for purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Interviews, recommends for hire, evaluates, and disciplines staff.
- Arranges activities with outside groups and organizations to provide quality programs for residents.
- Creates new resources for resident programs such as Adult Basic Education Program.
- Oversees chart, Kardex, and MDS therapeutic recreation notes in compliance with Pennsylvania Department of Health and Federal regulations.
- Works with resident council on resident concerns pertaining to recreation department.
- Performs related tasks and other duties as assigned by Regional Center Administrator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Therapeutic recreation activities and their benefits.
- Medical terminology, psychiatric terminology, disease process and treatment modalities as part of therapeutic recreation.
- Supervisory practices and principles.
- Documentation and care planning.
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Work with ill, disabled, elderly and emotionally upset people within a long-term care facility.
- Work harmoniously with other employees and residents based on whatever maturity level they currently function.
- Use various audio-visual equipment.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, residents, family members, government officials and the general public.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D