Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$2,098.68 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Social Science, Education or a related degree AND one year of experience in planning or administering geriatric or therapeutic recreation programs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Must have current CPR/BLS certification prior to appointment.
- Assesses resident needs and interests and plans and develops individualized treatment plans
- Designs programs to meet individual needs and evaluates outcomes
- Makes necessary arrangements for trips including notifying appropriate departments and staff when going off grounds
- Seeks family knowledge of resident’s leisure history and preferences and encourages involvement and support of current recreational goals
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Health Care team reinforcing other treatment programs
- Performs related tasks and other duties as assigned by Recreation Therapy Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Therapeutic recreation activities and their benefits
- Medical disorders that affect the elderly
- Treatment modalities
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Work harmoniously with other employees and residents
- Use various audio-visual materials
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D