Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$3,943.11 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Completion of a painter’s apprenticeship program AND four (4) years experience as a painter OR six (6) years experience as a painter. Current PA Driver’s License, Class C, and reliable transportation required prior to appointment as local travel is required for Kane Regional Centers.
- Maintains buildings by painting interior and exterior surfaces including walls, ceilings, stairwells, hallways, and building structures, etc. Also, glazes, spackles, and performs patchwork, etc.
- Performs drywall finishing and repairs.
- Performs wallpaper hanging and repairs.
- Prepares surfaces to be painted. Sands and scrapes old surfaces. May use mildew remover. Applies sizing or fillers as required.
- Applies paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings, fixtures and furniture.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks as needed.
- Uses drop cloths, masking tape, etc., to protect surfaces including floors, baseboards, doorframes, and windows, etc.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies used to complete tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Methods, practices, materials, and tools of the painting trade and the quality and uses of finishing materials
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- OSHA requirements regarding building safety
- Read and understand sketches, blueprints and plans
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, etc.
- To lift and move heavy objects and to work on scaffolds and ladders
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D