Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$15.44 per hour, full-time, probationary (90 working days);
$16.32 per hour, post probationary
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent AND be currently registered as a Nursing Assistant in the State of Pennsylvania.
Must have current CPR/BLS certification prior to appointment.
- Delivers basic care in accordance with the daily review of the residents' care plan, including blood pressures, toileting, etc.
- Observes, reports, and documents objectively, resident complaints or any changes in the residents' conditions.
- Assists, guides, and encourages residents with activities of daily living, self help skills, and recreational activities.
- Assists in ambulation of residents, turning, moving, and positioning residents and/or assists in lifting non-ambulatory residents into and out of beds, chairs, lifts, bathtubs, wheelchairs, and vehicles.
- Provides restorative care which includes promotion of self care, maintenance of rage of motion, and prevention of complications of inactivity.
- Provides for the special needs of the residents which may include caring for Alzheimer's Disease, developmental disabilities, residents in pain, and dying residents.
- Measures, reports, and records weights and vital signs which include temperatures, pulse, respirations (TPRs), blood pressures, intake and output, and pain.
- Provides personal hygiene to residents such as bathing, toileting incontinent residents offering bedpans/urinals, providing oral hygiene and grooming.
- Provides for the individual nutritional needs of the residents, i.e., hydration, feeding, nourishment, and supplements.
- Utilizes safety techniques in care of residents including proper body mechanics, locking wheelchairs and beds, cleaning spills, and correctly utilizing equipment.
- Responds to emergencies according to their scope of practice, e.g., falls, seizures, and choking episodes.
- Utilizes and adheres to infection control procedures and utilizes standard precautions.
- Reports all complaints and grievances made by residents or families to the RN Resident Care Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Follow safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, medical staff, residents, family members, visitors, and the public.
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility.
- Perform physical tasks associated with resident care, including lifting residents into/out of beds and pushing gurneys and wheelchairs.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D