Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$13.99 per hour, full-time, probationary (90 working days);
$14.79 per hour, post probationary
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent AND be currently registered as a Nursing Assistant in the State of Pennsylvania.
Must have current CPR/BLS certification prior to appointment.
- Delivers basic care in accordance with the daily review of the residents' care plan, including blood pressures, toileting, etc.
- Observes, reports, and documents objectively, resident complaints or any changes in the residents' conditions.
- Assists, guides, and encourages residents with activities of daily living, self help skills, and recreational activities.
- Assists in ambulation of residents, turning, moving, and positioning residents and/or assists in lifting non-ambulatory residents into and out of beds, chairs, lifts, bathtubs, wheelchairs, and vehicles.
- Provides restorative care which includes promotion of self care, maintenance of rage of motion, and prevention of complications of inactivity.
- Provides for the special needs of the residents which may include caring for Alzheimer's Disease, developmental disabilities, residents in pain, and dying residents.
- Measures, reports, and records weights and vital signs which include temperatures, pulse, respirations (TPRs), blood pressures, intake and output, and pain.
- Provides personal hygiene to residents such as bathing, toileting incontinent residents offering bedpans/urinals, providing oral hygiene and grooming.
- Provides for the individual nutritional needs of the residents, i.e., hydration, feeding, nourishment, and supplements.
- Utilizes safety techniques in care of residents including proper body mechanics, locking wheelchairs and beds, cleaning spills, and correctly utilizing equipment.
- Responds to emergencies according to their scope of practice, e.g., falls, seizures, and choking episodes.
- Utilizes and adheres to infection control procedures and utilizes standard precautions.
- Reports all complaints and grievances made by residents or families to the RN Resident Care Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Follow safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, medical staff, residents, family members, visitors, and the public.
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility.
- Perform physical tasks associated with resident care, including lifting residents into/out of beds and pushing gurneys and wheelchairs.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D