Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$2,036.66 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sanitizes beds, furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, light fixtures, windows, mirrors, walls, ceilings, carpets, and floors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, entrances and exit ways. Work involves washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, wet and dry mopping, and ensuring appropriate caution or safety signs are set up prior to performing these duties.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, and film from surfaces using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions.
- Cleans hallways, stairways, elevators, and vacant rooms as assigned.
- Discards waste or trash into proper containers and relines trash receptacles with plastic liners. Disinfects containers as required.
- Ensures that work or assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored at all times.
- Performs isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with infection control procedures.
- Washes and disinfects wheelchairs, geriatric chairs, and resident chairs.
- Cleans and refills hand soap and paper towel dispensers, and replenishes toilet tissue.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Standard practices and procedures of housekeeping
- Equipment and supplies used in housekeeping
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism
- Work effectively with employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the public
- Use supplies, equipment, and other cleaning devices required to maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas and to perform regular inspections of resident room or units for sanitation, order, safety, and cleanliness
- Seek and develop new cleaning methods and techniques and be willing to incorporate them into existing housekeeping practices.
- Relate information regarding a resident's condition
- Perform physical duties such as pushing, pulling, moving, and lifting of furniture or equipment
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D