Job Announcement Description
||Food Service Worker
||Kane Regional Centers
||$2,036.66 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Assists cooks and other staff in the preparation of meals in accordance with established policies; obtains food supplies needed for the preparation of meals.
- Serves meals in accordance with portion control procedures and assists in checking diet trays prior to distribution.
- Cleans equipment, walls, floors, tables, cutting boards, refrigerators/freezers, ice machines, etc., and washes and sanitizes utensils; cleans all dish room and pot room equipment and food carts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Delivers food carts, trays, etc. to designated areas; serves food in the dining room; prepares and delivers snacks as directed.
- Removes all garbage and waste from the kitchen area and ensures that it is properly stored.
- Restocks all pantries and work stations.
- Records temperatures and times in accordance with HACCP standards.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Food service operations and the preparation of food
- Cleaning and sanitizing practices as they relate to food service operations
- Read, understand, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Lift cases of canned goods, bags of foodstuffs, and heavy kitchen implements
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D