Job Announcement Description
||Food Service Worker
||Kane Regional Centers
||$2,036.66 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Assists cooks and other staff in the preparation of meals in accordance with established policies; obtains food supplies needed for the preparation of meals.
- Serves meals in accordance with portion control procedures and assists in checking diet trays prior to distribution.
- Cleans equipment, walls, floors, tables, cutting boards, refrigerators/freezers, ice machines, etc., and washes and sanitizes utensils; cleans all dish room and pot room equipment and food carts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Delivers food carts, trays, etc. to designated areas; serves food in the dining room; prepares and delivers snacks as directed.
- Removes all garbage and waste from the kitchen area and ensures that it is properly stored.
- Restocks all pantries and work stations.
- Records temperatures and times in accordance with HACCP standards.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Food service operations and the preparation of food
- Cleaning and sanitizing practices as they relate to food service operations
- Read, understand, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Lift cases of canned goods, bags of foodstuffs, and heavy kitchen implements
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D