Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$19.56 per hour
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor's degree in Dietetics or Nutrition. Applicants must be currently registered or be eligible for registration with the American Dietetics Association.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
- Develops preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the nutritional needs of each resident; develops a written dietary plan of care that identifies the dietary problems and needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each identified problem and need.
- Reviews clinical notes for information on each resident's medical condition as it relates to nutritional needs and any nutritional information.
- Plans, develops, implements, and modifies residents' diets to meet changing resident needs.
- Interviews residents and family members to obtain diet history, and records residents' food likes and dislikes.
- Ensures that resident care plans and approaches are implemented in daily meal plans, and provides substitute foods of similar nutritional value to residents who are unable or unwilling to consume the served foods.
- Charts dietary progress notes, outlining the services provided and the resident's response to the service.
- Monitors dietary staff to assure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Works as the Food Service Supervisor in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Participates in surveys and meets with surveyors to respond to inquiries; provides information on nutritional programs and residents' nutritional needs.
- Reviews and investigates complaints and grievances made by residents or family members regarding dietary and nutrition matters; makes a written or oral report to the Resident Food Services Manager or the Food Service Manager; recommends possible solutions.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Dietary and nutritional practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing dietary operations in a long term care facility
- Therapeutic diets and special meal preparation requirements of long term care residents
- Nutritional needs and standards of the elderly and long term care patients
- Effectively analyze and interpret information relating to a resident's condition and dietary needs
- Plan, develop, organize, and implement a plan of care related to dietary needs of long term care patients
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility
- Provide clear and concise instructions and documentation both orally and in writing
- Establish effective working relationships and demonstrate tact in dealings with co-workers, public officials, residents, and family members.
- Effectively make decisions and determine the proper course of action.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D