Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$2,735.66 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
High school diploma or its equivalent AND One (1) year of cooking experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility OR High school diploma or its equivalent AND successful completion of a culinary school. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Reviews menus prior to preparation of food. Utilizes standard recipes to prepare, cook, and bake foods in accordance with planned menus and therapeutic diets and in accordance with sanitary regulations and established policies and procedures. Ensures food is prepared to the proper temperatures by taking and recording food temperatures and times in accordance with HACCP standards.
- Works with the regional center dietitian as necessary and implements recommended dietary changes as required.
- Assists in the set-up of food service production lines and ensures meals are prepared on time. Participates in the production lines as directed.
- Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Prepares and serves substitute foods to residents who refuse the food served.
- Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner, including sweeping and mopping floors, and cleaning and mopping coolers. Utilizes the "clean as you go" methodology.
- Disposes of food and wastes in accordance with established policies.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Dietary procedures
- Use and care of kitchen equipment, supplies, and the appearance of work areas
- HACCP standards relating to food safety procedures and temperatures required to keep food safe
- Cook a variety of foods in large quantities from scratch, utilizing standardized recipes
- Read, write, and understand written and oral instructions
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility
- Lift cases of canned goods, bags of foodstuffs, and heavy kitchen implements
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D