Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$4,555.98 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Masters Degree in Social Work and three (3) years of social work supervisory experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, and directs Regional Center social service programs;
- Interprets the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors and government agencies;
- Assures that social service documentation is informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service;
- Supervises and directs social service staff in implementing care plans and in developing preliminary and comprehensive assessments of residents’ social service needs;
- Reviews work of social service staff and makes adjustments or corrections, as needed;
- Oversees department participation in discharge planning, development and implementation of interdisciplinary plans, and resident assessments;
- Assists in developing, administering, coordinating, and reviewing department policies and procedures for identification of residents’ medically-related social and emotional needs;
- Coordinates social service activities with other departments and community agencies, to include medical assistance applications;
- Prepares, plans, and monitors social service budget and submits to Regional Center Administrator;
- Implements and maintains an ongoing quality improvement program;
- Participates in Regional Center PA State inspection surveys and assists in developing a plan of correction;
- Makes recommendations to hire, and assigns, directs, schedules, evaluates and disciplines staff;
- Reviews complaints and grievances made by residents and prepares written or oral reports on resolutions;
- Serves on various committees such as Infection Control Policy Advisory and Quality Assurance;
- Performs related tasks and other duties as assigned by Regional Center Administrator.
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles and practices of supervision
- Laws, regulations and guidelines that govern long-term care
- Case management
- Plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for quality care
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly, and emotionally distressed people within a long-term care facility
- Communicate well orally and in writing;
- Work harmoniously with other employees and residents
- Communicate effectively with employees, residents, family members, government agencies and the public
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D