Job Announcement Description
||Kane Regional Centers
||$12.60 per hour
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or other Human Service discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
- Establishes relationships with and advocates for residents and their family.
- Performs required documentation on MDS, medical charts, and departmental folders, including summaries, reviews, and progress notes.
- Participates with the Center's psychiatric, psychological, and MR consultants in reporting on residents' status and assists in implementing recommended treatment; informs psychologist of new referrals.
- Participates in resident care conferences.
- Provides counseling to residents and their family members.
- Performs admission procedures which include; reviewing administrative packets with residents and/or their family members; arranging for telephone and television services, compiling social histories, reviewing advance directive procedures, and providing orientation to residents and their family.
- Coordinates discharge meetings and all services needed after discharge, which may include housing, furniture, household goods, home health equipment, visiting nurses, community support, and hospice care.
- Coordinates guardianship proceedings, psychological commitments, hospice referrals, and support services to dying or ill residents and grieving families.
- Completes documents including living wills and power of attorney. Provides assistance to residents and family members in obtaining specialized services through community agencies and agents, including access to transportation and durable medial equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities:
- Laws, regulations, and guidelines that govern long-term care
- Case Management
- Practices and techniques of counseling
- Follow written instructions
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility
- Work effectively with co-workers, residents, family members, government agencies and the public
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D