Job Announcement Description
||Bureau of Corrections (Jail)
||$3,029.94 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
High School Diploma or its equivalent AND one (1) year of experience in the processing of prisoners including the fingerprinting and photographing of prisoners. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Applicants must pass a comprehensive background check. NCIC/CLEAN certification is required within three (3) months of appointment. Applicants must maintain the permission, authority, and ability to use and access information through the PA Commonwealth Law Enforcement Assistant Network (CLEAN) and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) systems throughout employment.
- Fingerprints and photographs arrestees, prisoners and persons seeking certain jobs or licenses (e.g., cab driver, gun permits, governmental jobs, etc.), using Livescan Fingerprint equipment.
- Operates a computer keyboard to enter data into various systems (e.g., records management, photo imaging, Livescan, etc.).
- Maintains file systems to include fingerprint logs, rap sheets, photographs, etc.
- Operates office equipment (e.g., PC and peripheral equipment, NCIC/CLEAN terminal, etc.); prepares accurate reports as requested or required.
- Operates and maintains videoconferencing equipment.
- Prepares photo line-ups for criminal cases using photo imaging equipment.
- Retrieves and disseminates record information in accordance with Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) Act and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintains fingerprint files and related equipment (e.g., photo imaging, Livescan, etc.).
- Provides service at information counter as needed.
- Works shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Performs related tasks and duties as assigned or required, including those of lower-level personnel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fingerprinting practices, procedures and techniques.
- Governmental and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures regarding the maintenance and dissemination of criminal record information (e.g., CHRI Act, NCIC/CLEAN, etc.).
- Personal computers and relevant criminal history software programs (e.g., CRIMES, IMS, NCIC/CLEAN, etc.)
- Court systems, criminal laws and law enforcement agencies.
- Take fingerprints and palm prints quickly and accurately.
- Operate and maintain fingerprint files and related equipment (e.g., photo imaging, Livescan, etc.).
- Operate and maintain videoconferencing equipment.
- Operate office equipment (e.g., PC and peripheral equipment, NCIC/CLEAN terminal, etc.)
- Assist in the control of arrestees or prisoners.
- Maintain files, retrieve information, and prepare accurate reports.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with prisoners, police, supervisors, associates, outside agencies and the general public.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D