Job Announcement Description
||Bureau of Corrections (Jail)
||$2,185.20 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Administration of Justice, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or Criminology.
- Works with inmates to determine individual needs.
- Provides individual counseling to inmates.
- Participates in any classification or re-classification tasks as directed.
- Recommends available programs and services based on inmate’s needs and assist in the coordination of programming and services.
- Completes visits to assigned housing units as directed; addresses day-to-day concerns of unit staff and inmates as needed.
- Conducts assessments as directed.
- Responds to inmates requests either directly received by an inmate or received from Administration.
- Assists with all facets of Alternative housing process as directed by Warden or Deputy Wardens.
- Submits parole forms and other documentation to Jail Administration and the Courts as directed.
- Resolve conflicts regarding an inmate’s charges, sentencing information, and other stipulations/mandates imposed by the Courts.
- Works with other County departments and agencies.
- Attends trainings as directed.
- Participates on committees and workgroups as designated by the Warden or Deputy Wardens.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Counseling and casework/case management methods and techniques
- General laws, guidelines, policies, and procedures of appropriate agencies and government jurisdictions
- Interact with an inmate population
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, outside agencies, the public, and inmates, etc.
- Respond to the needs and problems of inmates
- Maintain accurate case records
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Follow written and oral instructions
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D