Job Announcement Description
|| $2,916.66 - $3,303.83 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent AND one (1) year of experience in payroll processing or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Prior JDE experience is preferred.
The Department of Human Resources services and supports Allegheny County’s most valuable asset: its workforce. Employees’ collective knowledge, skills, and abilities are what drive the County’s success in serving the public interest. Focus areas and core functions include staffing management, organizational and employee development, labor and employee relations, recordkeeping, diversity, payroll, and compensation and benefits.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Employment & Compensation, the Payroll Technician’s primary functions are to process time records for the preparation of paychecks to all employees and the processing of various personnel actions. Duties include uploading and auditing of time records, production of payroll vouchers, entering of personnel transactions, implementation of union contractual salary increases, and assisting department payroll representatives in resolution of payroll processing problems and /or issues.
- Uploads time records for each County Department through online time and attendance system from various time keeping systems into the JDE payroll system.
- Views and performs audits on time submitted by departments using various payroll closing genies.
- Prepares payroll vouchers for each County Department.
- Unlocks time submitted when time records are not approved and sends back to department for corrections and resubmission of time records.
- Corrects department time records as needed to assure accurate reporting of time record; assists department payroll representatives in resolving time record problems.
- Enters out of pay period time records or benefit time accrual changes into JDE.
- Enters various personnel actions (new hires, terminations, transfers, raises) into JDE for all County Departments.
- Works with Controller’s Office in the creation of new positions or title changes to positions.
- Implements contractual salary increases as determined by Collective Bargaining Unit Agreements.
- Creates rate charts for each department to implement contractual increases.
- Revises salary pay grids as new contracts are implemented.
- Maintains Employee Master file in JDE.
- Attends and participates in meetings related to processing of personnel actions and contractual implementations.
- Prepares various reports from JDE as requested or required.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- JDE payroll system
- Microsoft Office Products with strong emphasis on Excel
- General office practices and procedures such as filing and records keeping
- Business math
- Customer service practices and procedures
- Perform significant data entry work daily
- Prioritize and accurately perform work in a timely manner
- Operate a personal computer and proficiently utilize programs including JDE, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Operate office equipment, i.e. copier, fax, calculator, etc.
- Read, write, and understand written and oral communications
- Work independently under general supervision
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with supervisors, coworkers, and external parties as required
- Maintain confidentiality of employee personal and payroll information
- Occasionally work weekends and/or varied hours
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, coworkers, and external parties as required
- Work well in a team environment
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D