Job Announcement Description
||$23.83 per hour, $4,130.74 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Completion of a plumbers apprenticeship program AND four (4) years of experience as a plumber OR six (6) years of experience as a plumber.
Must show proof of a Journeyman plumbers license AND a current, valid PA Class C drivers license prior to appointment.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
- Performs skilled plumbing work following standard practices of the trade (e.g., maintains plumbing fixtures and accessories in good working order, installs, maintains, and repairs valves, faucets, traps and other fixtures, opens clogged drains and sewers, replaces/repairs leaking pipes and plumbing fixtures, installs sinks, wash bowls, etc.)
- Periodically tests and operates emergency water distribution systems.
- Determines specific work methods to be used.
- May direct the work of laborers.
- May travel to various worksites throughout Allegheny County.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Methods, practices, materials, equipment and tools of the plumbing trade
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Perform the trade safely and efficiently using a variety of tools of the trade
- Install backflow valves
- Complete assignments and projects on time
- Follow policies and procedures of the Department of Facilities Management and the Allegheny County departments at which work may be assigned
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions, sketches, and blueprints
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, government officials, visitors, etc.
- Read and write the English language
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D