Job Announcement Description
||$22.75 per hour, $3,943.13 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
High school diploma or its equivalent AND completion of a painter’s apprenticeship program and four (4) years experience as a painter OR six (6) years experience as a painter.
A valid PA Driver’s License is required.
This is skilled trade work based out of the Courthouse Paint Shop but involves assignments wherever Allegheny County owns/maintains facilities. It involves the preparation of surfaces and painting of County buildings, facilities, fixtures, and equipment. An employee in this class performs skilled painting tasks following standard practices of the painting trade. Work involves independent judgment in performing the work and may involve working from scaffolding as needed. Employees receive oral and written instructions and work is inspected by a Paint Supervisor, foreman, or other supervisor in process and upon completion.
- Prepares surfaces to be painted.
- Scrapes and sands old surfaces and applies sizing or fillers as required.
- Paints a variety of building or facility interiors and exteriors, including cuts in window and door frames and trim.
- Prepares and paints County-owned bridges of various sizes requiring special safety considerations.
- Applies sealers and finishes to office equipment and furniture that has been built or repaired.
- Moves ladders and rigs scaffolding.
- Maintains brushes and paint equipment in clean and working condition.
- Finishes drywall as needed.
- Lifts furniture, cabinetry, or shelving units to be finished in the shop.
- Moves furniture and equipment when painting offices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Methods, practices, materials, and tools of the painting trade and the quality and uses of finishing materials
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- OSHA requirements regarding building safety
- Read and understand sketches, blueprints and plans
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively and interact professionally with other departments and the public
- To lift and move heavy objects and to work on scaffolds and ladders
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D