Job Announcement Description
||$23.74 per hour, $4,114.40 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Minimum Requirements: Completion of an electrician’s apprenticeship program And four (4) years experience as an electrician OR six (6) years experience as an electrician. PA Driver’s License, Class C, and reliable transportation required prior to appointment as local travel is required.
- Performs electrical work including maintaining and repairing a wide variety of electrical equipment and fixtures.
- Performs electrical work for new construction and renovations.
- Installs conduit and wiring systems for power and lighting units, computers, and cable television.
- Installs Cat 5 & 6 cable wiring.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Locates and corrects power failures and motor trouble on a variety of electrical equipment.
- Repairs, replaces, and maintains motors, switchboards, and controls, switch gear, relays, traffic controls, lighting equipment, nurse call, fire alarms, wander guard, normal and special lighting fixtures, and electrically actuated kitchen and cleaning equipment, etc.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, and follows diagrams and blueprints.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Methods, practices, materials, tools, and equipment of the electrical trade.
- Theory and principles of electricity.
- CAT 5 and CAT 6 Computer Cable Installation
- Electrical work for new construction and renovations
- Hazards and safety precautions of the work including OSHA requirements.
- Install, alter, repair, maintain, and locate the defects in a variety of electrical equipment, systems, and fixtures.
- Perform physical tasks including lifting and moving heavy objects.
- Read and follow sketches, blueprints and plans.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D