Job Announcement Description
||Administrative Services - Division of Facilities Management
||$15.35 - $17.50 per hour
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A High School diploma or its equivalent.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
- Performs all custodial and janitorial duties as assigned by the manager.
- Performs light manual tasks as directed.
- Cleans desk tops, sides and fronts; cleans furniture, phones, counters, pictures, ledges and window sills; empties ashtrays and trash.
- Cleans and scrubs lavatories, commodes, urinals, and mirrors; replenishes lavatory supplies.
- Cleans walls and panels; cleans stairwells and railings.
- Mops and scrubs floors and cleans corners.
- Cleans carpeting, baseboards and tile.
- Strips and refinishes floor.
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Floor scrubbing machines and other equipment used in cleaning public buildings and institutions
- Learn materials, methods, and equipment used in cleaning public buildings and institutions
- Understand and follow simple oral and written instructions
- To perform the physical aspects of normal cleaning work including the moving and lifting of furniture and equipment
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D