Job Announcement Description
||$22.2767 per hour
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Completion of a carpenter’s apprenticeship program AND Four (4) years of experience as a carpenter OR Six (6) years of experience as a carpenter.
A valid PA Class C driver's license and hand tools required prior to appointment.
- Performs general carpentry work in a variety of County buildings by removing, replacing and repairing floors, roofs, ceiling tile, stairways, partitions; hangs pictures, doors; fits windows.
- Performs skilled bench work in carpenter shop, operating power equipment such as saws, joiners, lathes, planers and drills; repairs office furniture, tables and builds benches, cupboards and other wood fixtures.
- Builds concrete forms and scaffolding, installs shelving, cabinets, repairs park benches and shelters, tables, etc.
- Cleans, sharpens and repairs hand and bench tools; keeps all equipment in a safe operating condition.
- Travels to various worksites throughout Allegheny County; directs the work of laborers, as necessary.
- Performs finished carpentry work, installing new wood, drywall, paneling, formica counter tops, etc.
- Performs all aspects of door lock repairs and re-pins locks.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The methods, practices, materials, equipment and tools of the carpentry trade; uses of various woods
- The occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work
- Perform the trade safely and efficiently; to use a variety of tools commonly associated with the trade
- Complete assignments and projects on time
- Follow policies and procedures of the County department in which working
- Perform finish work and heavy construction carpentry
- Perform journey level carpentry work, using sketches, plans, blueprints, etc.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervision, and the general public
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D