Job Announcement Description
||$20.3878 per hour
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
High School Diploma or its equivalent, completion of a stationary engineer's apprenticeship program and four (4) years experience OR High School Diploma or its equivalent and six (6) years experience.
Applicants also must be able to obtain the Pesticide Applicator-Core and Category 24 certification, and a Stationary Engineer License issued by the City of Pittsburgh within six months of appointment.
Must submit a copy of Refrigerant Certification, present a current, valid PA Class C driver’s license, and have hand tools for use on the job prior to appointment.
This work involves the installation, operation and maintenance of all steam boilers, heating ventilation, air conditioning equipment (HVAC) and other installations and building equipment owned by the County of Allegheny.
- Checks boilers and related machinery for proper operation, making necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Keeps logs of boiler room operations, records data, e.g., fuel consumed, temperature and pressure, etc.
- Installs, maintains and repairs laundry equipment, kitchen equipment and steam boilers, etc.
- Installs, maintains and repairs heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment (HVAC) and refrigeration units, etc.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- VAV, electrical and pneumatic control systems
- Standard safe practices using tools of the trade
- Logging daily maintenance performance in detail
- Preventative maintenance of equipment
- Reporting to supervisor all deficiencies, material required and actual quantities used
- Maintaining and operating public swimming pool systems
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install HVAC, refrigeration and related equipment [chillers (centrifugal, screw, reciprocating), air handlers, pumps, motors, belts, compressor, air dryer, heat pumps, window air conditioning units, connectors]
- Maintain Building-Automation Systems (BAS)
- Operate and maintain boilers (hot water and steam)
- Solder and braze
- Respond in a timely manner to all calls and emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week at any County-maintained facility
- Perform diagnostics
- Communicate effectively and understand and interpret work instructions
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D