Job Announcement Description
||Authorities Administration Manager
||$5,283.33 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field AND Six (6) years of related work experience, to include one (1) year of supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, but must include one (1) year of supervisory experience. Valid PA driver’s license required prior to appointment.
- Administers the day to day operations of the Allegheny County Authorities’ programs and division staff.
- Responds to requests from other divisions in the Department as they relate to the Authorities’ assistance to eligible borrowers.
- Works closely with and maintains good working relationships with Board Members of all Authorities.
- Works closely with and maintains good working relationships with the Authorities’ Executive Director, Fiscal Staff, Business Development Staff and Housing and Human Services Staff in order to effectively administer each Authority’s program.
- Develops new and innovative programs that will increase the ability of each Authority to better serve the economic development needs of Allegheny County and all Allegheny County residents.
- Begins to modernize all Authority programs and services to the extent possible.
- Executes all Authority programs in a timely fashion.
- Responds to requests to attend meetings that are relative to the Authorities’ programs.
- Develops marketing plans for the Authorities’ programs and services.
- Develops a strategy to implement the marking plan(s) to financial institutions and organizations regarding the various authorities programs and services.
- Monitors program goals and objectives.
- Prepares reports that pertain to the status and progress of the Authorities.
- Prepares the agenda and materials for each Authority’s Board Meeting.
- Maintains files on past, present and future endeavors of the Authorities.
- Attends and actively participates in the Department’s management meetings.
- Assists in the hiring of personnel.
- Manages and supervises division staff by mediating conflicts, responding to staff grievances, responding to the professional needs of the staff, commending good work performances, counseling and recommending remedial disciplinary action in matters of poor work performance, and completing performance evaluations.
- Maintains County and departmental operating procedures.
- Performs related duties/special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Project management, contractual processes, and budget and finance management
- Each Authority’s tax-exempt and taxable bond programs including the Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bond Program administered by the Allegheny County Residential Finance Authority, and any other programs chosen by Board of Directors
- Roles of the legal and financial professionals in the municipal bond industry and the ability to work in conjunction with them so that they may use the Authorities’ programs effectively on behalf of eligible borrowers
- Redevelopment Law including, but not limited to eminent domain and all matters related to redevelopment process
- Revolving loan funds focusing on issues of delinquency and defaults
- Principles of supervision
- Strive to achieve and maintain the status of a nationally recognized Department of Economic Development
- Meet all divisional objectives in a timely fashion
- Adhere to Department/County policies and procedures
- Manage the work of others
- Communicate well, both orally and in writing
- Use Microsoft Office with proficiency
- Interact professionally with supervisors, co-workers, outside agencies, government and business entities, and the public
- Work as a team member with other Department divisions and perform self-directed tasks
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D