Job Announcement Description
||Client Information Specialist (Clerk 4)
||Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas
Family Division, Adult Section
205 County Office Bldg.
542 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15219
||Full-Time, Benefits Eligible
Provide timely and accurate information in response to client inquiries or complaints received via mail or telephone regarding child/spousal support payments or other related matters; and ensure professional and courteous client service.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education post high school preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to handle telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment while dealing with the public.
- Two years related experience in a customer service or public service environment preferred.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills necessary to research and explain case and financial information.
- Computer skills, typing and/or data entry skills; Windows environment experience preferred.
- Good writing and composition skills.
- Must be able to undergo a three (3) month training process, by method of one-on-one/shadowing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer multi-line telephone system through a Queue (Call Management System).
- Take messages off IVR (Interactive Voice Response System) and respond accordingly.
- Receive and process telephone calls, mail and website inquiries to provide information to clients, attorneys and Family Division staff concerning specific cases and payments received and disbursed, procedures and schedules; solicit information from Family Division personnel, as needed and relay information to clients.
- Research case specific information via PACSES, social files, Prothonotary record, CIS, PRIME, DIRON, Court Manual, Inmate search, and other various available resources.
- Mail appropriate documents based on requests and needs of clients, including incarcerated defendant mail and various agencies.
- Access and verify demographic information given by the client such as name, address, phone number and social security number; update computer screens with authorized information provided by the client.
- Review the financial data on PACSES to verify its accuracy, i.e. the last payment received or sent. Identify issues to be discussed with Financial Department and respond to clients accordingly.
- Develop and maintain ability to identify Inter-Jurisdictional calls, and when necessary negotiate call.
- Respond to the clients’ questions and comments in a professional manner, giving detailed descriptions, such as, actions being taken by various Family Division Departments on their behalf; and update NOTE screen with information provided or action taken.
- Pursue in-depth problems and requests generated from phone calls by pulling case files, completing forms or report summaries, and forwarding the paperwork to the appropriate department for actions.
- Identify the Rec. 75 (case closure) process for incarcerated defendants.
- Maintain full knowledge of PACSES system and ability to maneuver accurately and through screens to respond to inquiries and gather information.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, process and respond to mail and website inquires to provide information to clients, attorneys and Family Division Staff concerning specific cases and payments received and disbursed, procedures and schedules; solicit information from Family division Personnel, as needed and relay information to clients.
- Compose letters to clients as needed.
- Send out address verification requests to the post office in support of locate functions.
- Manage modification requests when received by mail. Process mail and refer to proper department.
- Maintain full knowledge of Family Division policies and procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of the departments’ functionalities within the Adult Family Division and their individual processes.
- May be required to service the central information desk on a rotating basis.
- Perform other back up or related duties as needed or required.
Standard health and fringe benefits plans available. This includes health; dental; life, accident, and disability insurance plans; sick leave and vacation benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates interested in applying for this position must submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application by Friday, October 31, 2014. An employment application is available for download and print on the Court's Human Resources webpage or by calling the Court's Human Resources office at 412-350-5487. Please submit this information to:
Court of Common Pleas
Human Resources Office
440 Ross Street, 5th Floor Administration
Pittsburgh PA 15219
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER