Job Announcement Description
||Office of the County Controller / Accounting / Payroll
||Payroll Manager of Compensation Systems
||$30,000 - $40,000
|How to Apply:
All applications must be returned to by mail, fax or email to:
Allegheny County Controller’s Office
436 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Attn: Linda Piso
Updated resumes should be sent to Linda Piso in the Controller's Office, Room 104
B.S. in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field. Experience and understanding of municipal, state and federal tax regulations. Posses advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills. Independently review and analyze complex tax and payroll transactions..
The Payroll Analyst position is in the Controller’s Office/ Accounting Division and reports directly to Payroll’s Manager of Compensation Systems. The Senior Fiscal Payroll Clerk has two primary responsibilities; 1) helping the organization comply with fiscal rules and controls, and 2) ensures accurate and timely tax return filings.
- Responsible for all aspects of tax issues related to Payroll functions
- Ensures compliance with local state and federal regulations
- Responds to employees and regulatory agencies in regards to questions concerning payroll withholding procedures and regulations
- Reviews and recommends accounting procedures concerning collection and disbursement of withholdings
- Researches and keeps current with all applicable tax codes
- Prepares quarterly and yearend tax reports and disburses payment
- Maintains and records individual employee filing status and to ensure accuracy
- Works directly with collectors (Keystone/Jordan) to ensure Act 32 compliance
- Interacts with all taxing agencies and resolves all tax issues in a timely manner
- Generates tax reconciliations between payroll system and tax payment reports
- Prepares year end reconciliation and production of W2’s
- Assists Compensation Manager as needed in all other aspects of payroll processing, including occasional supervision of payroll staff to complete assignments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Import and Export Information from JDE to Excel spreadsheets
- Format, copy, align, merge, and wrap data within Excel spreadsheets once created or imported from other databases.
- Concatenate, replace, Search, Right, Left, and Vlookup with data on excel or other worksheets.
- Work independently and be detail oriented
- Respond to changing priorities in a time sensitive environment under minimal supervision
- Work on various projects and tasks with changing priorities.
Payroll Manager of Compensation Systems, periodic supervision from the Assistant Deputy Controller, Accounting
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D