Job Announcement Description
||Office of the County Controller
||$32,000 - $35,000 per year
|How to Apply:
All applications must be returned to by mail, fax or email to:
Allegheny County Controller’s Office
436 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Attn: Linda Piso
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance AND One (1) to Two (2) years’ experience in a professional setting. Education must include a minimum of 12 credit hours in accounting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted..
- Prepares interim and annual balance sheets and income statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares adjusting entries to correct or close accounts maintained.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with appropriate fiscal staff of County departments and assists them with accounting/finance matters as needed.
- Understands the goals and objectives of assigned tasks and informs Manager or Assistant Manager of progress or problems.
- Keeps abreast of new accounting standards and County developments which affect the financials.
- Special research projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Accounting systems (JD Edwards a plus) and governmental accounting.
- Closing procedures and financial preparation.
- Proficiency in use of Excel
- Grasp accounting concepts, think and work independently, as well as analytically
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D