Job Announcement Description
||Special Records Examiner
||Administrative Services / Elections
||$2,562.30 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
An Associate's degree in Business or a related field AND at least two (2) years of clerical work experience. Familiarity with the election process is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
This position reports to the Manager of Ballots and Returns, and is responsible for performing the intermediate level clerical functions relative to election petitions.
- Distributes petitions, street lists, and other election information to candidates and the public
- Enters pertinent candidates data into ledger books
- Proofreads petitions and ledgers
- Performs inventory control
- Stores election results accurately by municipality, ward and district
- Fields phone and in-person inquiries from the public
- Conducts research on past election results by request
- Acts as Regional Center Supervisor on pre-election weekends and Election evenings
- Performs or participates in other special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office products
- General office procedures
- Principles and practices of supervision
- Work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Accurately perform detail-oriented tasks with minimal supervision
- Proofread and perform research
- Work overtime during election cycles and meet deadlines
- Interface courteously with the public and staff
- Maintain accurate files and ledgers
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D