Job Announcement Description
||Department of Public Works
||$2,847.50 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent and two (2) years experience in bookkeeping, invoice processing, Accounts Payable, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Applicants with some college level coursework in Business, Accounting, or related field, and previous experience in a government fiscal office setting are preferred.
Allegheny County is the 2nd largest county in Pennsylvania, and home to 130 municipalities, including the City of Pittsburgh. The County owns and maintains 521 Bridges and 378 miles of Roads. It also provides maintenance of the grounds for nine (9) County parks consisting of over twelve (12) thousand acres of park land. The County maintains approximately three (3) million square feet of building space which includes 600,000 square feet of leased space in over 130 buildings throughout the County. The Public Works Department oversees the County’s Capital Projects Program for all roads, bridges, and facilities associated with the Public Works Department and Facilities Management.
Under the supervision of the Reimbursement Manager, this position is responsible for assisting in securing Federal and State reimbursements to provide partial funding of projects through the Federal Highway and Bridge Program, and for processing payments of consultant and contractor invoices and estimates for Capital Infrastructure projects (bridge, road, parks and building). This position involves extensive use of computerized accounting applications and databases (i.e. JD Edwards/PeopleSoft) for live processing.
- Maintains vendor payment records necessary for all pending reimbursement requests.
- Checks all vendor invoices/estimates for accuracy before submitting for reimbursement.
- Runs computer reports as required or requested.
- Prepares invoices and all necessary correspondence for Federal, State and Local reimbursement requests.
- Maintains a tracking/recording system for all requests and payments.
- Solves problems that may arise with Federal, State and Local representatives during the reimbursement process.
- Prepares, records, and distributes correspondence reflecting received payments.
- Assists Reimbursement Manager as needed.
- Verifies all necessary steps in reimbursement and payment processing (i.e. use of appropriate forms, encumbrance of funds for payment, invoice amounts match project proposals, documentation of non-salary items and other contractual requirements, etc.)
- Identifies errors on invoices and take action to correct them.
- Researches payments, performs live payment processing and other related work through appropriate accounting applications and databases (i.e. JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Sets up and maintain ledgers.
- Maintains relevant files, documentation and correspondence related to the work.
- Maintains effective working relationships with department staff Budget and Controller’s Office representatives, outside agencies and contractors, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Accounting computer applications, such as J.D. Edwards/PeopleSoft.
- Use standard office equipment, including a PC with Windows-based applications, including Excel.
- Communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D